Friday, January 28, 2011

a Coffee Girl



Hello Company Girls!

Well, most of my time this morning has been spent trying to get a video of my Little Helper who just up and started walking on Wednesday.  She's been holding on to things and walking around but not really taking steps and then on Wednesday night she walked across the livingroom.  Thursday Eddy & I sat together with two different camcorders trying to get a decent walking video of her.  Eddy finally got the perfect one--shows a good walk and isn't too long--Good Job, Eddy!!!!!!!

My thoughts have also been with friends from college & early teaching days whose dad suddenly passed away from a major heart attack last night.  One of the sons told me that this is how his father wanted to leave this world--happy, busy, serving the Lord.  My thoughts and prayers are with the family who remains.  They have peace that their dad / husband is with the Lord but now life for them must go on . . .

I've already done Fly Lady's task for the day. . .clean the extra hangers out of your closet. . .thanks to the 21 day challenge.  Yea!!!!!!! 

My big task for the day is to finish putting away Christmas things.  Last night we had a contest to see who could gather the most Christmas things. . .if we'd counted the past month or so Heidi would have won since she's been bringing me things quite frequently.  She's also pulled down the Christmas tree several times and "helped" take some decorations off that way--always thinking out of the box!

It's a cloudy, rainy day here and I would much rather be curled up in a cozy spot with a book and a nice cup of tea than cleaning. . .maybe a few minutes can be snuck in. . .Helper is sleeping. . .tea kettle here I come!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Have to laugh at your still putting away Christmas - I put mine away early (NY's day), but often find something very Christmas still up and out in the house around Valentine's day!

Congrats on the little one walking, but watch out - running is next!

Angie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving condolences. We've been so busy making arrangements since we received the news and the Lord is orchestrating even the smallest details with great care. Although we are heartbroken over the loss of Dad, we are rejoicing, as well.

Anonymous said...

Yay for walking!

We didn't have too many Christmas things out, but we did finally take down all the Christmas photo cards that we received and made into a "Christmas tree".