Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 20

It's a doozie. . .organize the pictures. . .let me just say that this is a work in progress.  Today I took pictures which won't upload, of course, and Wednesday - Saturday I will work on organizing and then the HUGE-e-MONGOUS job of scanning pictures into the computer.  I inherited all the pictures from my Grammer and want to get then scanned and on disks for the cousins and all. . .an overwhelming task that paralyzes me in it's overwhelmingness and so I just do nothing.  Being a perfectionist I think a job should be all done at once and not dragged out--on and on.  So if I can't accomplish a task in a sit down, my mind just blocks it completely out.  Enter Flylady and her 15 minute hotspot missions.  Just set the timer and work for 15 minutes and then move on.  It's amazing how much gets done and the overwhelmingness is taken away {sigh!}. 

We have till January 31 to finish the picture job--7 days--let's see how much can be done!

**edited to add before pictures. . .

boxes of pictures from Grammer--to be organized and scanned into computer then put into albums. . .

 some albums and pictures waiting to be put into albums, also need more albums. . .see the stack of flip pages that need a home?
 some more albums.  These are Eddy's baby albums and the mess next to it is our stack of "church things"--Bibles, study books, "stuff"--needs to be straightened, huh?  Will do. . .

so. . .it has taken almost three hours to get these pictures loaded thanks to a cloudy day and difficult internet connection--but it's finally done!  Back on the 31st with after pictures;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I wanted to let you know that if you do decide you are interested in anything on the product website I am offering free shipping for first time customers. But to do that the order needs to be placed through me directly and not the website, since this is an offer through me only and not Creative Memories. Also there is 20% off the albums and pages through 1/31.

Anonymous said...

An email in case you need to contact me might help... smlowe5.cm@hotmail.com