Monday, February 21, 2011

floored!

literally!  On Saturday we had company coming and I had some cleaning things to finish and all the food to make.  I finished blogging about the Spring Fling, played with the little ones, tossed baby up in the air a few times,noticed that my back which had been sore was a little more sore, went to start the cooking, unloaded N loaded the dishwasher, noticed that my back was sore, and I was having a hard time with the cooking--dropping things, spilling things, cut my hand--battling black dog day thoughts, and as I was putting something on the closet floor suddenly found myself crying.  "What is wrong with me?" I thought.  "I'm not a cry-er.  Things are not that bad.  Get yourself together and get busy!"  "I can't!  I can't do it!" I told myself.  "Why?"  "My back hurts!"  "Oh, well, take some of that 800 mg ibuprofen, rest a minute, and get busy!" 

Welp, when I laid down for a few minutes that was the end of it all.  My focus had been on all the things that needed to get done and when my mind let that go for a second, the pain finally screamed through.  And when I laid down, the muscles relaxed a little and that was it!  I was lying on the floor--with no intention of ever moving again!

Ever have one of those times?  I finally managed to drag myself off the floor to call our friends and cancel and crash on the couch.  We were so disappointed to miss visiting with our friends but  there will be another time.

The casserole for the day and cake were partly started so hubby finished them up and we had them at scattered times throughout the day.  The salad he put together yesterday and it was so yummy with the leftovers.

Here is the salad recipe:

Spring Mix salad sprinkled with:
dried cranberries
smashed candied walnuts
(you know, put them in a baggie and smash them to bits with a glass)
Feta cheese
Newman's Own Lite Raspberry Walnut Dressing

Delicious-E-O-so!

Served with Chicken Curry Bake, French bread, and Pig Cake from the Pioneer Woman.

Today I am sporking by blogging while resting with my feet up and a Tiger Balm patch on my back.  You can spork too--check it out here at Home Sanctuary. . .


No comments: