Sunday, May 16, 2010

this week I was . . .

BOLD

My hair was driving me crazy so. . .I walked into the beauty shop--Lollipop--and asked them to cut my hair. . .here's the front view. . .


and the back. . .

It's not exactly what I wanted but it's new and different--yea!!!!!
a Seamstress


hemmed a skirt for my daughter, sewed another skirt, and pre-washed material for another skirt. It was wonderful to be at the sewing machine again!!!!!






Julia Child


Potato Cheese Soup was on the menu. Fix-It and Forget-It is one of my favorite crockpot recipe books for ideas but I usually end up changing the recipe a little. My husband rolls his eyes and can't believe I won't follow a recipe--this is one of the reasons he doubts my ability as a cook--that and the fact that I don't stay in the kitchen and pay absolute attention to the dinner whick is cooking on the stove--but, I ask you, what mom does? So in his eyes I will never be a gourmet--which is fine by me--I'm more of a meat and potatoes girl anyway. So maybe I'm not a Julia Child--maybe more like Rachel Ray? I do love Julia Child's attitude toward cooking anyway--if the butter burns, heat more; if the chicken goes flying, laugh and clean it off; but whatever you are doing in the kitchen, be bold and enjoy it!

While I was peeling and chopping, our baby girl was in her swing to take a nap.




Oh yes, sound asleep! and here's the finished soup. . .


No comments: